Ultrasound Scan Prep
For all exams: If you are currently taking medications, continue and do so, but take them with a small amount of water.
Arterial Doppler Pelvis/Abdomen/Kidney, Abdomen, and Gallbladder
- You should have nothing to eat or drink 8 hours prior to Abdomen/Retro
Doppler Aorta IVC Iliac Complete, Abdomen Complete
- You should not have anything to eat or drink 8 hours prior to exam.
- If you are currently taking medication, you may take it with a small amount of water or juice.
Obstetric, Transvaginal or Pelvis
- It is important you arrive at your exam with a full bladder. Please try and drink approximately 32 ounces of water before arriving, and please do not empty your bladder prior to your exam.
Arterial Doppler Abdomen Limited
- You should not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your exam.