Ultrasound Scan Prep
For all exams: If you are currently taking medications, continue and do so, but take them with a small amount of water.
Arterial Doppler Pelvis/Abdomen/Kidney, Abdomen, and Gallbladder
- You should have nothing to eat or drink 8 hours prior.
- Kidney exams, you should have a full bladder.
Doppler Aorta IVC Iliac Complete, Abdomen Complete
- You should not have anything to eat or drink 8 hours prior.
- If you are currently taking medication, you may take it with a small amount of water
Obstetric, Transvaginal or Pelvis
Arterial Doppler Abdomen Limited
- You should not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your exam.