The Patient internet is a free service that is independent from CCMH’s internal network and allows any WI-FI capable device to connect to the internet.
To connect follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure your computer is on and your wireless network card is on. On most newer laptops this is indicated by a light above the keyboard that has “WiFi” on it or a symbol of an antenna with three lines.
2. Your computer’s wireless network card should be set to automatically connect to a network and obtain an IP address.
3. Open up the internet browser of your choice. We recommend Internet Explorer (the big blue E icon) or Firefox (red and orange fox).
NOTE: You will need to disable your popup blocker.
4. After opening your browser you will be redirected from your normal homepage to our “Login” page.
5. For your and our protection we require that users login to the system with a generic user name and password.
Username: Available inside CCMH
Password: Available inside CCMH
6. After logging in you will see a pop-up window with our Terms and Conditions of Use statement. Please take your time and read the agreement, as it protects you and the hospital while using this free service.
7. Please click to accept or decline the agreement. If you decline you will not be allowed to access the internet.
8. Once you have accepted the agreement you will be redirected to your normal homepage and free to surf the web. To help conserve bandwidth, your connection will time out after 45 minutes, to reconnect just follow steps 4, 5 and 6.
Patient and Guest Services has a limited number of laptops available for patient checkout. Call 688.1530 to check out a laptop.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: What if I am not able to connect?
A: Our patient internet requires that you have a wireless network card. Most newer laptops have them built in, and have indicator lights that resemble a radio antenna or “wifi”. Please refer to your owners manual to determine how to activate your wireless network card.
Q: How do I disable my pop-up blocker?
A: Most browsers, like Firefox and Internet Explorer, have them built in. To turn off your pop-up blocker you can hold the “ctrl” key to disable it momentarily or under Tools > Internet Options you can turn them on or off. If you have a toolbar that blocks pop-ups you will need to access the properties of that tool bar by right clicking on it.
Q: I am done surffing the internet, what do I need to do to disconnect?
A: Nothing. If you are done using the patient internet just close your browser like you would at home and you will automatically disconnected. To reconnect just follow the instructions above.
CCMH assumes no liability for any direct or indirect damage arising from the user’s connection to the internet. We encourage you to use your internet access responsibly.
We understand that you have a choice in your healthcare needs, and we appreciate you making Campbell County Memorial Hospital your first choice for your medical needs.