The CCMH Early Childhood Center's vision for Parent Involvement
To create and sustain a partnership and collaboration with all, with goals to:
- Support parents as primary educators, nurturers, and advocates for their children;
- Provide every parent with opportunities for a significant experience in our program
- Ensure that parents are involved in making policy and program decision for their children within our program
- Maintain a Parent Advisory Group; that has the following duties
- To involve parents in the early childhood program and to keep parents informed of what is happening in the center.
- To be an advocate for the early childhood program with in the hospital and community.
- To involve families in activities that they have helped to develop, such as educational workshops and special activities with the children.
- To encourage parents and community members to work/volunteer with the center.
- To help identify center needs and assist in developing ideas and resources to meet those needs.